Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recent and Future Goings On

Did you know there's an earthworm in Australia called the Giant Gippsland Earthworm that grows to six feet long? How do I know, you ask? Because friend and fellow writer, Ann Ingalls, and I have been researching interesting Australian critters. More on that later.

(By the way, don't mean to brag, but I have received my very own copy of Ann and her sister, Maryann Macdonald's Little Piano Girl: The Story of Mary Lou Williams, Jazz Legend, and it is now signed by one of the authors. Just sayin'.)

Humpty Dumpty will publish my poem "Found!" in its March/April 2010 issue! Thanks, TH.

COLUMBIAKids published my poem "My Lists" in its Winter 2010 issue, out now. Have a look if you like. http://columbia.washingtonhistory.org/kids/fall2009/wordplay.aspx

Can't wait to attend the Children's Literature Festival again this year at the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg! This year the festival runs from March 14-16. What a great opportunity for school kids, authors, illustrators and bibliophiles in general to listen to and learn from some of the greats in kid lit.

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy enjoy enjoy the Lit Festival! Congrats on your recent goings on, and congrats on that signed book you lucky one!

    ReplyDelete